Wednesday, October 03, 2007


DEATH SO SUDDEN


There are things unsaid
Things untold.
Yet we know so much
Secrets behold.
I live to see the daylight yet again
But you are gone
And I don't know how to ease
My pain.
Didn't think it would come so soon
Life is uncertain
And there is no room.
You have gone to a place.
Don't know what it's like.
But I do know that
You are gonna
Be happy and safe.
Free from the strings
Of this God-forsaken place.
In the midst of reality
I find myself to face.
The pain of your death
That came in a haste.

4 Thoughts:

Sana said...

Dedicated to a friend who passed away recently....
May you rest in peace ...

ATHER said...

What a wonderful poem! It is a heartfelt and genuine tribute.

I recall Tennyson's beautiful poem commemorating his close friend, Arthur Hallam;

"Break, Break, Break on the cold gray crags O sea;
But I would utter the thoughts that arise in me;...

But O for the touch of the vanished hand;
And the sound of the voice that is still;

Zia (Baba)

Srinidhi said...

i relate perfectly to this... cause i lost a friend too... you have written this beautifully! loved it! u have a way with words! keep writing!

p.s u made me cry!

Setu said...

beautiful!