Tuesday, January 01, 2008

THE EMOTION WITHIN

I looked up for the meaning of fear on Google and it gave me a wide variety of links to pick it up from.The first option was answers.com and so I copied it.It defines fear as 'a feeling of agitation and anxiety caused by the presence or imminence of danger.' A vague explanation I would say but a definition nonetheless.




If someone asked me what fear to me personally was I would say its just another emotion,not a strong one if one had to categorise it but an emotion in the well of feelings.The depth and the quality of one's fears can be measured by the number of times one has been emotionally disturbed.


Fear was inculcated in an individual in order to derive discipline.The roots of fear have fairly been grounded within us ,deeply in our subconscience,gripping us unawares in it's snake-like fangs.Fear is different for everyone.It can be the fear of losing someone you love;fear can be the loss of a friend in an accident;fear of getting caught when you are lying;fear of failing in an exam;fear of a Dementor's kiss when starts to suck the happy thoughts out of you or just fear of the unknown.


There are fears that arise from attachment such as the fear and anxiety of not finding or being separated from someone or something we feel we need for our security or happiness.The fear comes to the surface from our own uncontrolled minds or delusions and in particular, the fears arise from the mind of self-grasping ignorance which is the root of all other delusions and thus the equivalent source of all fears.

10 Thoughts:

Velcro said...

Hey.. Very intriguing thoughts about fear..some of them, very similiar to mine...nice work :)

Electric Shaman said...

So someone who has nothing to fear has nothing to lose. Hmmm... gets me thinking, are the fearless really better off??

Sana said...

I dont think anyone can be completely fearless about something. Its always in you,deep down inside.lives like a pest.feeding on every bit of your weaknesses.just dont let it grope onto u.u are the boss,the host.

Electric Shaman said...

True .. but I somehow see fear as something positive. Contrary to the macho bravado I put up in my earlier years I find it easier to admit that I am petrified of pain, No matter how bad the going gets I fear death. Just reminds me I havent crossed the thresholds of pain yet and that I have something to live for. I like that. Ergo I like fear.

Sana said...

Yeah and I agree with you when you say fear can be taken as a positive entity which also depends on one who has fought it. I have and I have grown from it.not totally but most of it.
Pain only seems bigger to you when you are concentrating on it.Remember as a child when you were being vaccinated/injected, the nurse would tell you its an ant bite and you thought of it as an ant bite then because you hardly rationalized.Now as a grown up when you get one all you do is divert your mind from that liittle sting.Thats how it should be.
Fear is a good thing.just dont let it control you.You hold the reigns to your life. Fear is just another emotion :)

Unknown said...

Fear grows in the darkness... if you think there is a bogeyman around.. then jus turn on the light... i dunno who said dis and i dunno y i wrote it ... anyways

We have heard of people says that they fear GOD.... y so? cuz if u do sumthin bad, god will punish you on judgment day??? or is it due to respect.... and does respect and fear go hand in hand??? .... Aristotle said "Nobody luvs the man whom he fears"..... wht do u think he said tht? ...... sry for all the random questions darlin.... im jus bored!! :D but i luv ur blog... sex bomb!!! :D

Sana said...

Thanks for the lovely last liners Deep ! Appreciate it :P
Coming back to fear, its just another emotion and I agree with you when you say that with fear comes respect but respect also comes without fear and its not really necessary that you need to respect someone because you fear them.
I love my Dad. I respect him.That doesnt mean I dont get scared of him. When we talk of fear on a whole its just an emotion of turbulent thoughts.

moltenphoenix said...

Its so strange that even fear in itself is not confined 2 a single definition!!
Dat reminds me of one more kind.....one's uncertainty of the future and of his/her fate !!! fear is something which just catches you from the guts but it just takes one encounter to get well acquainted with it...and then if u know how to eradicate it, u can feel it coming out of your skin just like scent of the soil at the time of the first monsoon !!

GREAT WORK THERE SANA...KEEP THE GOOD STUFF COMING !! :D

V said...

i wonder how I would spend my work hours if not for the Google blog search, :)

Sana said...

I have no idea how any of us wud be smart asses on our seats in the cyber world if not for google :D