Sunday, September 16, 2007

COMFORTABLY NUMB


The journey which I am about to undertake is quite different from the one's I have taken before. I consider it a spiritual journey. A satisfying journey. I have decided to take this journey to free myself from the expectations and the norms that bind me to this materialistic,unsatisfying and greedy environment. Breathing seems impossible,suffocate to survive. Words can't be heard, scream till you die. I am lost in the melodrama of the footsteps, lost in the wilderness and the smooth roughness of his voice. He is the leader of the pack of wolves that scream,growl and wave for his attention. It is a place where you must let go of everything that holds you down. Let go of whatever binds you to the intricacies of life.

I feel like a free soul, soaring high.

I feel like a puppet, in the hands of time.

This place is a cross-cultural entity. All around me I see unfamiliar faces, worn out faces. I drop my head and drown in my sorrow 'cause there will be a no tomorrow like this. Music is the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. It brings people from different races,cultures,ethics,moral backgrounds together.Not a big fan of the hip hop culture, I feel Rock is what spells music - good,fulfilling,enduring music. That specific genre has people swinging to it,completely lost and untouched and I can say that with proof.Been there, done that.

His voice is deep matched with a prerogative tone. He knows what he can do with it. We know what he can do with it. We raise our hands, bow our heads, close our eyes and get ready to take a journey through the unknown. Colours,tones,lines and words describe the moment.Spatial relationships, proximities and time-lines attempt to hide/reveal what is happening.

I can hear voices. Sometimes past events echo and manifest themselves again in future entities. The pitch falls high and low. The waves from the microphone feel like the waves in the sea. Mesmerizing,engulfing and drowning you with each note that echoes through it.

Then everything comes to a sudden standstill. The music stops,the crowd gasps as he says that it would be all for tonight. The crowd screams for more of him in unison.I scream but my voice in lost amongst the voices of the heard.

He smiles,gets on stage. Clasps his hand in the form of an Indian greeting and plays one last song before he retires.

His voice could still be heard from far away. There were voices in my head that I awoke to so many times during the night just to hear the one last beat, a single note, to feel a faint glimpse of that beautiful faraway feeling that caught me unawares and left me standing,wanting for more.

15 Thoughts:

Sharada said...

Very powerful post. Conjured up nice vivid imagery in my mind. Rock music, eh? There was a time when I used to detest it. But, over time, the nuances of this genre are sort of becoming clearer to me. Powerful emotions and feelings surging through one. Mind and soul swaying with the guitar riffs and drum beats. feels nice to be lost within it. So, was this a description of the evening at Loyola?

Sana said...

Well..not actually...it was one of those riveting moments at the Iron maiden concert in banglore..
actually...thts how u feel at ANY CONCERT ;)

Aly Whosane said...

hmmm interesting..

Sharada said...

True, True. I pretty much felt the same at the Kailash Kher concert. Goosebumps all over when he sang 'Saaiyaan'. And the lead guitar was simply mind-blowing. Same goes for the Signum Quartett's Western classical music renedition. Such fervour and madness they played with! It fills you with a warm feeling to listen to musicians who play or sing with feverishness for music! To watch them sway in tune and ending up being carried along with them into a world of rhythm and melody. :)

V said...

this was the best so far, just four months archives though. One word "fuckin amazing"
Rock is the real music, \m/

@Sharada
And now with all due respect; Loyola!!! hehe, :D
after Wreckage gang; anoop, and joel, I haven't seen any one who can at least make me feel like not skipping the fest,
my college rocks, but not when it comes to music,(not anymore) Peace, ;)

Sana said...

fucking amazing is two wrds..
and yes Loyola rocks ! m not a part of it but still feel like i m big time ...sigh..sad story of mine..
and i dint know tht u went to loyola..i think u belong to ritu's and jon's batch..

V said...

But when I say Loyola, it just means Masscomm, the rest of it other than the huge campus sucks, believe me, :D

Ritu was my junior at coll, and is a good friend,
by Jon u mean jonathon?

Sana said...

hahha ! yes i know wat u mean...mass communication is ulti there..
Jonathan yes.. he plays fer wreckage i think (?)..

V said...

I belong to the first Masscomm batch, and we had the privilege of being the Guinea pigs, spent half the first year in library, but no complaints, ma masscomm rocks, the studio the best, and an year after being out of coll, I miss it like hell.

Jonathon plays for Wreckage, not sure, wow interesting, should find out, from the guys.

Sana said...

so u graduated in?
I dont think he plays fer wreckage..like i sed i m not sure..he dusnt talk abt the band much so its hard fer me to recall..
joel still studying? coz i think i know another joel..

V said...

Yeah I graduated from Loyola in 2007, B.A.Masscomm(rocks) hehe, :D
well the Jon in Ritu's class is someone i know, not sure if he plays for a band but he has a awesome blue electric guitar at home, so never know, I go to his place when i have to get the new movies, :D

About Wreckage, I think they are disbanded, or regrouping, whichever they want to use,

Anoop, and Joel were my super seniors at coll, both are still in town, working for some mnc, delloite i guess, I last saw them play at last years campus rock idols, and I am sorry to say they sucked, (as a band, I meant) if not for skrypt and scpetor it would have been a sad day, hmm I talk a lot.

Sana said...

aah well the very same jonathan who has a HUGE collection of movies.. :D
hell yeah..i was there too..i dont remember the names of the dudes in the bands..but i liked native tongue personally..if u talk abt a band frm hyd..
but Skrypt was amazing and so was delay IVI.
u are talkin abt CRI arent u?

V said...

yup, CRI 2007,
my fav city band is Stiffneck Syndrome, sad that they disbanded last month, :(

at CRI 2007, Skrypt were good, but Sceptor they were awesome, the guys came from Mumbai, they played metallica, I was just leaving pissed off with wreckage, who were more busy complaining than playing,
almost about to leave, whnhe some one says lets just go check the mixer they are using, I was like ok cool, and by the time we reached where dj blackjack and his team was; sceptor started playing, and man, they Rocked,

That's Jonathon yup :) he has a good movie collection, and saves the pain of downloading stuff.

V said...

office khatam,
i will check the rest of the posts tomorrow, or may be at home, :)

Sana said...

yes yes.. :)