Saturday, July 05, 2008

While I am alive...

I watched the movie 'The Bucket List' a couple of months ago and the subject wasn't an unfamiliar one. There have been 'n' number of movies that were based on the same lines but it was touching. When storytellers plagiarize such subjects over and over again, they leave us thinking and seeking the deeper realms of humanity where the varied degrees of materialism fail to play an effective modest role.
All pathological bugs aren't entitled to do the math to balance out how much you have saved up in the bank, they don't even look at what caste or race you belong to, what language you speak and like all other schisms unnatural they don't discriminate.
The reason why the movie was called what it was called is because Carter (Freeman) makes a list of all the things that he wishes to do before he "kicks the bucket". So I thought I would write mine too since I saw Aishu do it :D. So here it goes...


1). Drive an auto at least once !
2). Publish a book at 21 which would become an instant bestseller for a long time to come.
3). Film a documentary in Afghanistan.
4). Get one of my films to be screened at the Film Festivals - Cannes/Venice/Toronto or just all three.
5). Be a celebrity guest on Oprah.

6). Learn to play the guitar and then perform it on stage in front of millions.
7). Watch the sun rise from a hill top.
8). Trek the Himalayas just to smoke weed.
9). Go on a ghost hunting spree to Austria and England.
10). Feel like a million bucks !

11). Be on top of the game.
12). Plan a getaway and not let anyone know about it.
13). Travel the world for free.
14). Be smart enough to count cards in a gamble for which I also wish I was a whiz at Math. :P
15). Create tension like Speilberg !

16). Be a part of the big change (a good one ofc.)
17). Bungee jump from a cable car in Switzerland.
18). Get a flat toned tummy and a belly button :D
19). Scuba dive !!!
20). Win an argument with Amod.

Wish this list is not just a list

16 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

am so fed up of saying how good u r...y dun y give me a reason to say u r not good..huh! ye bhi gr8 tha..like all of which i read..waise i hope too ke wish list, wish list na rahe :D

p.s: wen u reach da himalayas call me...i'll get dere by a plane...we'll get "weedy" together :P

Sana said...

hehehe...sure sure..good company always compliments good shit :D

V said...

this was a cool topic a few months ago , even I put down my bucket list; on my friends blog,
here it is,
My bucket list,

Go on a road trip with her, to tibet and bhutan. (need to find her, and buy a Ridley)

Act in the next Godfather movie

Go on a loners trip to Goa,

Study in a film school in Ireland where Sir. Martin is a guest faculty

Write a book, that connects with people around the world

Learn to click photos like Lara Jade, and make a living out of it

Teach art and crafts to kids at a boarding school, or may be photography.

To live in my dream home,

Have my production house and make all teh movies taht I always wanted to,

Write the Autobiography, before I turn 30, yeah seriously, so far I have worked out the title, was very easy, Autobiography of an Asshole,

to work as a travel photographer and still get paid for it,

start a small coffee house and be the chef, I can sure cook well,

die before I am too old to live,

to find her, the one I would loose my self in,

you may also want to check out a few more on this blog : http://jyothsnay.wordpress.com
she writes stuff that just flies by,
& hey this whole list thing is now so popular we got a website for it, I really love it, may be you can just try it, it helps keep things moving, http://43things.com

V

Sana said...

Lol...I like ur bucket list more than mine now..but yes all those are things that I wud only dream of doing...as unrealistic as they may seem or sound..they are still dreams and i feel we have too less a time to realize them.now i cud go on abt this argument but later :P
m just gonna mark out wat i think i want to do frm ur list :D
so its prolly act in the next godfather movie but then women in the italian mafia havent got much respect..both coreleone's daughter n wife are killed so no thank u. but definitely i wud love to play montana :D.
Go to goa too...
I m not sure I know abt the film school in ireland but I wud love to study sumwhere in the open. basically sumplace where i can let my thoughts to fly liberally.
Write a book yes...definitely..and i have the books name and the content in mind but i m unable to find the right time to start it.
Learn Photography frm Rijo...a frnd of mine who is completely "sum-french-wrd" at that.
Live in nainital !
write an autobiography later in life wen i m at the peak of my career
To work and travel fer free...i shud be wrkin as a travel journalist.
aah well there :D i haf extensions to my list.. thanks vj !

Jonathan said...

nice list...

number one .. i did it ... and i think i can take u ...
number 6 .. i can surely help but only the teaching part but not the 'in front of milllions' part ... cuz i havent been there myself.. ...

number 10 - i dunno wat wud make u feel like a million bucks... wish i cud help ...

and for the rest... let me know if i can be of any help ... lol ..
astalavista!

V said...

Godfather4 with a female protagonist sounds an amazing idea, :)

you have a nice blog, I am adding this to my bookmarks, and a link back on my blog,

if you need any help with design(for the blog), let me know.

Sana said...

thanks loads...will let u know :D
actually i do wanna change it..coz this template has no options fer links nemore..

V said...

I will be more than glad to help, just two things I am very very Lazy, and I will leave a link to my blog, :) ok?

Sana said...

hehe...right..
i think u did last time..
mutantofevolution right?
i did check out a bit last night..but the first post was so long..
i will sit back n read aaraam se..and i see u haf not one blog but 6 (?)! wow..its hard to maintain one here..and people haf 6..good job though ! :)

V said...

hehe, :D
I had eleven blogs gave up on a few, and the six out there, mutantofevolution is my personal blog, rest don't get updated , artistfortheday yes sometimes but not regular,

let me know how you want your blog, will work on the design, some time soon.

Sana said...

cool..not in town at the moment..gettin back sat morning..looks like u are in hyd...so easier to talk wen u are in the same time zone. :)

V said...

hehe, yup, kal parso kardenge, :P
pakka,
aap bas kaisaa dezine hona bato, hehe, :D

Sana said...

lol...meri hyd bolne ki dayr thi..shuru ho gaye miyan tum :P
gosh this is my blog.i haf a reputation to keep. :P

V said...

I am sorry too many comments, looks like a g-talk session, hehe, :D
catch u later,

Zeon said...

Very nice post. I always wanted to do these 2,8,12,17 and 19. Now I feel like writing my list. Thx for inspiring! :-)

Sana said...

Glad I did Zeon ! ;)