Friday, January 04, 2008

LAYLA
She stood like a pale figure
Amidst the thick dense fog.
She was covered in white,
Her skin clinging
Underneath it all.
I watched her call out to me
I saw her reflection as a reverie.
I called out to her.
I reached out for her.
I almost touched her
But she fell out of my grasp
Like fine granules of sand.
I awoke to sounds of
My own heavy breathing
And realised it was just a dream.
I lay in bed thinking about her
Couldnt go back to sleep
My head, full of thoughts of her.
She felt so real
She looked so calm
Like a stretched ocean
After a thunder storm.
Sometimes i wish
She was never as adventurous as she was
Because it took her life
In the end after all.
At times i feel
I have no reason to live
When she was around
She would hate it if i cribbed.
I miss her even more
When I sense her around me
Its like a black hole
That I keep falling into deep.
The more I try to move on in life
The more I fall in love with her
harder than the last time
Giving me a reason to weep.
I miss her like
The desert misses the rain
My life's like a dry wound
Without the pain.
My love for her was
Deep as the deepest ocean
It was so much we had
Not just the emotion.

9 Thoughts:

Sana said...

First things first.
i call this post Layla coz its my favourite song.
two because a friend named his guitar after it.
The theme was suggested by the same friend.
And i dedicate this song especially to someone who has been in love crazily and knows how it feels to be lost without them.To Baqar.
cheers lad !
hope all of u enjoy reading it as much as i loved to rite it :)

Baqar Mehdi said...

Speechless im

thanks
Baqar Mehdi

Sana said...

For Saeb too....cause he well connects to it :D

Unknown said...

Yes. Yes. I do.
But I'll need more for myself the next time. Much Much more. xD

Velcro said...

hey..its very rare that i understand poetry..this one is one of those rare moments...subtle and easy going..

Waseem Muhammed Khan said...

"She felt so real
She looked so calm
Like a stretched ocean
After a thunderstorm."


The simplicity in thought, and the rhyming at convenience, what makes this lively. A little more emotional depth, and we might have a masterpiece.

Good work, Sana!

moltenphoenix said...

Damn good job...the words so remind me of the lyrics from this song 'vermillion' by slipknot !! The pain, the agony, the desire mixed into the lines is splendid...sigh!!

Sana said...

And for Nidhi's dog too whose name is Layla :P

Srinidhi said...

"My love for her was
Deep as the deepest ocean
It was so much we had
Not just the emotion."

u moved me to tears! damn!! we named her after the song! one of fav too! i know il miss her like crazy when shes gone... cause i have never been loved like the way she loves me!