Friday, January 11, 2008

Echoes of the Past








I had a dream

In which

I saw myself

Standing strong.

Probably it seemed

Like a breakthrough

From everything that

Was going wrong.

I mellowed in the darkness

Gripped by nothing

but grief.

I didn't want to think about it again

'Cause all what I recall

is deceit.

Part of me wanted

to run away.

Part of me

wanted to cry.

But a part of me

Just stood there

Swallowing in the lie.

I lay in bed that night

Silently and calmly.

I didn't really want to

focus on those thoughts,

Because I knew

they would harm me.

I closed my eyes slowly

Listening to the voices

echoing in my head.

This is what I hear everyday

They repeat what

they have already said.

All these voices are

the flashes from the past.

A reminder of the ugly things

That weren't meant to last.

I got up and

drifted over to the window.

Looked outside at the rainy clouds,

Hoping for a rainbow.

All these echoes,

In the end that's what

we really have.

All that's left and gone

The emptiness,

that's what it salves.

I so hope that

someone will remember me

after I am gone.

For what I was and

where I belonged.

These echoes are what

I leave behind.

For as long as they are alive

I won't really die.

5 Thoughts:

Sana said...

An indicative of space and time

moltenphoenix said...

Dumbstruck !!!
Lines like these flowed from my mind some time back...with the same sense of feeling - emptiness!!

Baqar Mehdi said...

rock on sana

Sharada said...

Kaiku re sane! How in the world do you articulate these feelings that all of us go through! Bravo!

and again I liked the first lines. Sometimes, once we acknowledge the past, and also simultaneously break away from it cause it has been hurting us, This new sense of freedom envelopes us. Almost calming and liberating at the same time.

Srinidhi said...

u left me speechless! its written so... so... hmm this is my fav post! :D wonderful re!